This policy applies to consciousdivas.com, a site (“Site”) provided by Conscious Divas.
Information we collect and how we use it
In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide: When you sign up for an account with consciousdivas.com, we may ask you for personal information (such as your username, email address and an account password). There are some areas of the site that can be accessed without being registered. For example: browsing recommendations.
- Cookies: When you visit consciousdivas.com, we may send one or more cookies that uniquely identifies your browser. These are used to improve our service to you.
- Log information: When you visit consciousdivas.com, our servers record information that your browser sends whenever you visit the website.
- Login location: When you sign in to consciousdivas.com, we will know your approximate physical location (based on the Internet Protocol address of your computer) and may use it to provide suggestions to you, events in your areas, advertisements or other members in your city. If we wish to store a location more specific than the city level, we will ask for your permission.
- User communications: If you send email or other communications to consciousdivas.com, we may keep those messages in order to process your inquiries, answer your requests and improve our services.
- Links: consciousdivas.com may offer other web links in a format that enables us to know whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our technology and customized content.
- Providing our Site to users, including the display of customized content;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our Site;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network; and
- The development of new services.
consciousdivas.com processes personal information on our servers in Canada and may in the future use servers in other countries.
Choices for personal information
The personal information that you supply on sign up with consciousdivas.com will not be used for a different purpose from that which it was collected. Your consent will be sought should we wish to use the personal information for any other use other than that for which it was collected.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some residentvisitor.com features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
You can decline to submit personal information to consciousdivas.com, in which case you may not be able to use all of the features of the Site.
consciousdivas.com will only share personal information with other companies or individuals outside of consciousdivas.com in the following limited circumstances:
- When we have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- When we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of residentvisitor.com, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who looked at a particular recommendation. Such information does not identify you individually.
Please contact us through our feedback form or at the address below for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to residentvisitor.com employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use consciousdivas.com , we make every effort to provide you with access to your personal information in order to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate amount of effort.
When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is our policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between consciousdivas.com and an individual.
© Copyright 2010 consciousdivas.com